View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 08:36 PM   #243
parawolf
beep beep

Okay, i've been riding to work the past two days... this rocks, enjoying it immensely. However for a long time i've been on a fairly calorie controlled diet my general day consists of the following:

* 1/2 a cup of skim milk on two weat bix hi-bran at home, then a coffee with skim milk at work.
* Lunch would usually vary between noodle box (or similar), sushi, sandwich and a diet soft drink (usually diet coke vanilla or sprite zero)
* Dinner would usually be a calorie controlled meal from "Lite n' Easy".

I'd be drinking about 2 litres of water a day as well. So thats about 1000 - 1200 calories a day.

Now i'm riding to work, it's only about 8km and takes about 20minutes, however I am absolutely ravenous. I'm drinking up to 5 litres of water in day now in an attempt to curb the hunger but by 11am it's all out war for me to take lunch. So i eat my regular sort of lunch. And then i'm hungry again at 3pm. Dinner at about 7pm, and then by 9pm i'm starving again.

I know I am now well and truly burning more than 1800 calories a day (got a Polar heart rate monitor). So this obviously explains it, has anyone else experienced this? and how did you combat it? I'm thinking some nibbles like nuts or something similar but the cravings are for lots of food - like muffins or anything with some real mass.

What suggestions do people have for these cravings?