Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 17-08-2020, 03:53 PM   #5399
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
Wrong. You died from a car crash in terms of the statistical data models. The cancer isn't even going to get a mention in most cases as it would not be considered a co-morbidity.

The guidelines are actually pretty clear and they apply globally in terms of which statistical category a death is placed in. It has long been recognised that there are some illnesses (like HIV and cancers) where the 'clinical' cause of death is pneumonia or some other infection brought about by the compromised immune system and the guidelines make it clear that those are recorded as cancer related deaths with a secondary 'code' assigned to the actual clinical diagnosis.

We may well find that there is some refinement in the guidelines in terms of COVID19 eventually but as it stands now, if it is present in the system at time of death then it will be recorded as the 'cause' with the co-morbidities listed as secondary reasons.
I'm not going to engage in an argument and appreciate the fact you've allowed me back on this thread. My point being, the statistics can be manipulated any which way one chooses according to the message one wants to deliver.

If it weren't for a car crash or Covid, a patient with a terminal co-morbidity is likely to cross the rainbow bridge sooner rather than later. CV-19 is forcing those with co-morbidities to cross that bridge sooner.