Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2020, 08:40 PM   #5379
Danny
GT4.

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
I noticed that. But inner east is also very multicultural, mainly asian based. Box Hill, Springvale are usually very busy places. Thank god they cancelled chinese new year celebrations early this year, otherwise I don't want to think what might have happened. These are also high density areas, where a lot people live in blocks of flats. Surprised it hasn't really kicked off there, although Whitehorse does have a few cases.

Interestingly, all the "Karens" and "sovereign citizens" are not what you would classify as from the "west cultural demographics".
Tbh, I think it’s a testament to the Asian community, their already established mask wearing culture, and their experience living in close quarters with each other that Box Hill was never a major outbreak area. I live in one of the next suburbs from Box Hill, and the community there were one of the most compliant in the face of restrictions from day one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
You do know Betoota is satire, right?
Yeah mate, I’m a millennial. Hence why I used the word “fun” when referring to them in my OP.
This user likes this post: