View Single Post
Old 15-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #4216
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
Not quite, just closed to Victoria and Sydney. 9News Darwin faceplant page update a few hours ago.
Yep, radio just came back with an apology to NSW, apparently their switchboard lit up with the earlier announcement

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...eee95620#close

Quote:
"Melbourne is out of control and that makes it harder for the rest of the state to stay in control and that is not a risk… we are prepared to take."

And while New South Wales closed its border to the state, the Chief Minister put residents there on notice, warning if a spike in cases is seen in the region, he will also look at declaring the country's most populist state a hotspot.

"Because of their porous border and the fact, they have only just closed they are a risk now."

"What worried me was the vision of people travelling across the border and we have always been very worried about seeding and spreading."

"We've got plenty of time to be able to get that information and make that decision."

"I thought it was fair today to put NSW on the radar."

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe

Last edited by DJR-351; 15-07-2020 at 05:50 PM.
This user likes this post: