Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 01:37 PM   #5117
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
VIC has 394 new positive cases and 17 further deaths since 11am yesterday. Two of whom are in their 30's. I think (if not mistaken) that is the highest recorded number of deaths in a 24hr period in VIC.

More global studies releasing data that COVID-19 recovered people (with or without symptoms) have permanent damage to heart and/or lung tissue (and possibly other vital organs). They cannot fully understand how the damage is occurring, and further research is needed.

The question being asked by many, if there is indeed permanent damage to heart and/or lungs of people who have recovered from COVID infection, does it also reduce their expected lifespan?

I would have to think yes. If one has heart or lung damage, and later in life were to fall ill with a related problem, their chances of recovery would be reduced would it not? If not for the damage, they may have had a better change of recovery?
There are reports of people struggling after recovery with a 30% loss of pulmonary efficiency requiring ongoing PHYSIO to strengthen chest muscles to restore their breathing capacity. Fake news ? I don’t know but it sounds similar to people who have suffered severe pneumonia that never fully recover due to lung scarring etc.. will depend on health / immune status at time of infection. So many variables and there are now reports of extreme cases where re infection has occurred......

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
This user likes this post: