View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 08:50 PM   #74
CliffM
XR6 Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peuty
Yeah Springbrook is really nice.

So how does a cruise to Springbrook and then down to Surfers to a McCafe for a chat and food afterwards sound?

If so....

Maccas Springwood 2:45 for a 3:00pm depart

Movie World Carpark 3:30 for 3:45 pm depart

As long as it takes to get to Springwood at about 4.30ish for a chat and some photos.

Once we are done there, cruise down to Surfers, at a leisurely pace however long it takes.

Find a McCafe and chill out.

What does everyone think?

CliffM, will that be too late for taking decent photos at Springbrook?

As The Monty said earlier in the thread, "Bring UHF radios to keep in touch, they are greatly handly.
Make sure your cars are roadworthy, check your tyres and brakes and fluids before leaving.
This is a cruise organised on the forums, so no silly behaviour, otherwise it will most likely be reported and you will most likely be banned.
Thats about all, make sure you bring water to drink, and a good attitude".

Daniel
Not sure about the light at Springbrook, never been there, it depends on a lot of different things but with some luck it will be perfect. Sunset is always a good time for photos, I will have a good quality flash so it doesn't really matter, and anyway, we have ways to make cameras talk.... ;-)

Southport Carpark is always a good place to park, the one on the beach across the highway from Australia Fair, lots of room and an easy walk to the shops, no doubt a Macca's around there somewhere. Nice scenery too, with more opportunities for photos.

So can I clarify things? The brisbane crew are meeting at Springwood, then going on to Movie world carpark?

Is it still cool if I meet you guys at Nerang, I just couldn't be bothered tripping up the highway then turning back around and tripping back down the highway past home again. Nerang is five minutes from here.
CliffM is offline   Reply With Quote