View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 10:06 AM   #90
xyfalcon383

Smile Re: Will AU XR8 220's be a collectable car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Define Collectable?
Will people pay $100k to have one housed in their collection? Doubt it.
Will they become more sought after and desirable? Yes, I'm sure they will.

I don't think the s3 220 will be regarded as that special, its not like a Phase 3. But as a unique and iconic car, the XR8 will become desirable.

End of the day, don't get one because you think it will be "collectable." Buy the car you love and want to keep.
What usually happens with cars over the years it's usually collectors or enthusiasts who end up with them.

Not often people who aren't really into them will buy them or if they do they get rid of them because they are alot worse on Fuel than later cars or little things start to happen mechanically etc

So as the car gets more scarce and more get written off etc etc

All of sudden it's collectors enthusiasts who end up with them and basically we drive up the price. Because we love them and won't give them away so to speak.

I mean how many people would own a XY falcon but hate the car ?

It's just a matter of time in my opinion and will most probably come a time I'll say i should of bought 10 of them. As i have said about my XY Fairmont etc

They don't have to be worth 100,000 to be a good investment etc i payed 10 g for my XY Fairmont it's been the best investment i have had better than property etc for 18 years i have been able to drive it look at it cherish it wash it and it's still gone up 400 %
xyfalcon383 is offline   Reply With Quote