View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #60
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG3282
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but what I want to know about the XR6T from WSID is the barometric... When I raced a 100% straight from the factory floor BF GT it was at 983, best ET was 14.000 @ 104.26 with a poor 2.12 sixty (driver hesitated on acceleration) and recorded a 1.97 sixty on another run, theoretically all things being equal, let's say that car had a 13.85 in it at that temp.
Two days later at Bluepower we got 248 kw at 986 barometric, which backed up all three drag sectionals mentioned.
Getting back to running it at the drags, I found that:
1- It spun the tyres hard when stalled up beyond 1600 on the startline (have an 18 second slip to prove that)
2- It went a full two tenths slower without the air filter
3- By slamming my right foot down from idle on the line it spun the tyres considerably
4- By launching from idle and feathering the right foot to a certain extent it got off the line much better
5- By trying to stall it beyond 2200 it automatically cut back it's revs and died in the ???? (that is in the ECU programming)
6- With a 105kg driver and 110 kg passenger it went 14.19 @ 102.7 (2.17 sixty), so hauling 2200+ kgs is still as easy as pie for the BOSS engine.
7- It ran it's best ET's in PERF mode... Shifting sequentially it was a full two tenths slower (but that could be driver's fault).

As for the BF XR6T, I hit the base of a very steep hill in one at 100 km/h in sixth gear (manual) and hit the top of the hill at the same speed, which is an indication that these things have got plenty of torque as well.
The air was a RA 1670ft (not the best) as I was racing that night to.
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote