View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #86
CYC06T

Default Re: TRP Racing Ford Falcon XR6T runs 9.1@159mph, update 8.48@165mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasac
the Neal Trans gearboxes are great, we went the same way for the Capri straight thru Campo. for my car we just bought the bits and pieces and i had Norm @ Northmead Auto Centre slap it together as i already had a case n bellhousing. $4000 for the internals of a 3000hp gearbox is insane to build d same box here ur looking at $8k minimum.

who does the adapters n bellhousing for the Barras? is it Dellow?

just send Chance a crappy old converter they CAD it and make one. they did that for our converter, now they have it available if they build one again. i know Neal Trans gets the Chance converters also, his prices are great. i paid a little over $2500 for my 10'' bolt together delivered. to order one thru here i have heard guys paying over $3500.

ahhh the block is already filled, guess someone is looking to push over 1500hp in the future
Currently I am using a Dellows bellhousing for the box. It is the one we were using from my previous C9. We modified it a little bit for clearance etc. but it is pretty strong. It was easier than getting another bellhousing and starting again. We tried the standard ford one first, but it cracked up badly after one meeting so was never going to be up to the task.

Yeah - prices are much better sourcing direct from the states whenever we can. It was just a timing thing in the end which took us in the direction we have currently gone.

As for the block, firstly it was a safety thing so we could make sure it was as strong as possible. If it gives us some room to screw a bit more power in down the track then it is a bonus.

I am heaps looking forward to getting out again and getting behind the wheel. The wait is painful, but I am sure it will be worth it.