View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 03:34 PM   #1
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Default Old motorhome to a cabin conversion

This one is from a few years back now. (so please excuse the picture quality)

This is the story of the 2nd motorhome I had built from a truck, (that's another story) used for 10 years while working up and down the Eastcoast and deciding to retire it from the road in a dignified way.

Part 1

]

Living aboard a boat in NSW and previously finding ourselves a big annual site in a little caravan park for the now well used truck MH, out of necessity I needed a base in NE Victoria due to the amount of contract stonework.
The nice then owner of the park gave us a huge corner plot with an ensuite then told us we were free to do whatever we liked.

The so called simply plan was to take the already converted body off the chassis and use as is but ideas sorta got in the way. In the meantime I could build the 3rd motorhome (current one) here at the same time.

The rusty poor old Daihatsu cab chassis was worn out after years of pulling this heavy pantec body up and down mountains. So I proceeded to pull the lower side skirts off of it and prepare it to be set up on piers.

I set the block piers so it would take advantage of the lovely shade trees and look out over the surrounding foothills towards Mt Buffalo.
Everything under the floor had to be disconnected and moved to allow a crane to come in a lift the body off the chassis, swing it 90deg and land it on the piers in a tight area.

He did managed to position it exactly where I wanted it so I could hook up power and water lines as before.

The trucks rusty cab was bogged up and a local transport company bought it off me and serves as their yard water truck still.

Some decorative gravel and pavers prettied the walkway up from the gate.
Give it a little garden granite wall and job done.....but.....

I got to thinking ????
Why not make it bigger.

Stay tuned for part 2.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
13 users like this post: