Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2020, 12:00 PM   #4471
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Interesting episode à maison this morning, new personal care service starting for my father as I look to ramp up the “hands on” care. Brothers had agreed with me that a woman was preferred for showering and general personal hygiene. When she arrived, it was the same chick who’d been previously here as a cleaner two years ago!

The relevance? Working legitimately on a visa, no PR, no single employer, no fixed workplaces. A perfect candidate for contracting and then spreading coronavirus. I wasn’t annoyed, more dismayed for this woman’s sake. If she gets sick, she’s just discarded, and potentially on the next plane home.

You’d think that it might be sensible to lock in your health and aged care workforce so far as possible. Fixed places of work, confirmed residency, ideally one employer. Better than running a sickness lottery.