View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #37
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What are your best/worst car sale stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestaz View Post
Well I spoke to the “salesman” there who said if I wanted to drive it, first I would have to sit down and make a deal with him on the car. His reasoning for this was he had his mechanic inspect and it and knew it was a good car, and secondly he did not have time to take people on test drives all day... to which I thought, isn’t that your job?!”

Also had a case of a small yard in Hornsby who wanted $100 to look at and test drive a car worth $3000. When questioned on this $100 he said extremely rudely that his time is valuable.
This made me think of one... Well my mate was the buyer I just went along to help.. We where just out of high school and this mate came from a rough home.. His dad was an abusive alcoholic, beat his mum and him and kicked him out. My parent took him in and he had saved a few thousand $$$ to get a car to go to work in. A few of his mates (me included) helped out as well where we could. Was year 2000 and my mate had found a car that was perfect from a small, cheap car lot (very early Ford Laser Ghia, one owner, low k's, etc). Was priced well and he didn't have a lot of $$$ this mate.. Called them to see it was available for Test drive "no worries, come down whenever". We rock up and the car looks mint, had log books, original number plates, etc. Beautiful little car. Salesman goes inside to photocopy mates license and comes back with a big book and tells him to "sign at the bottom". My mate is a bit, let say, gullible and was going to sign.. Luckily I stopped him and checked what he was asking to sign... This salesman had the Sales Contract for the car written up, at a price higher than was written on the car with my mates details as the buyer... When questioned the bloke backpedalled something fierce and we walked away then and there.. Didn't want to deal with the scumbag any further.. Was a shame as it was a bloody good little car...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: