View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 05:13 PM   #45
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: VFacts July 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
To the end of 2019 Ford still reported financials of FAP, didn't make a profit all year.

and for the first two quarters of 2020, IMG made no profit (for obvious reasons).
My point is that it doesn't matter how good your products are, if they don't turn profit....

Jim Farley is a much less tolerant personality than Jim Hackett, the pressure is now on
as he will be keen to stop divisions stinking up the books with continued losses.

Changing Ford Asia Pacific to IMG looks like rounding up the troubled areas into
a nice neat little non-descript title - much easier to give the heave-ho to later on.
Hackett not Auto background to Farley who is.
Will be interesting, Farley will definately be alot of BARK it will be more what he can get done within reason now for shareholders won't want to endure more loss's.
The BEV investment is paramount for the future, will be interesting from the sideline what his game plan becomes.
Where he's going to cut their loss's is the trillion dollar question he'll be working on.
Don't envy his job.
Bossxr8, they are so far behind in China I can't see them making much ground for a long long time TBH and at what cost to finally get better market share before a decent ROI.
From my observations and many visits there and listenning to people in the game.
I mentioned this sometime ago in another thread, its their lack of Distribution around that huge wide land and range once again.
Now how much is that going to cost to set up/invetories/stock/supplies.

Where are their loss's in Asia Pac jpd ?
We're told what great ROI they are getting selling so called high end product today here ?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote