Thread: OBD II Data
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
steambao
Starter Motor

Post OBD II Data and Fuel Trims

Hi all,

I recently bought myself a OBD II scanner (cheapo one off ebay, and Torque on Android) and am having quite a bit of fun seeing what goes on in my ECU (my main reason to figure out my bad mileage once and for all - and so I know what to service). Has anyone tried using OBD II scanning software on the Focus?

If so, what are your fuel trim's like. I'm assuming we only have short term and long term in bank 1?

My long term fuel trim likes to hover at -5%, and is constantly going opposite to my short term fuel trim (which goes from -5% to 10% all the way up to 15% on throttle).

I'm assuming my engine is running rich, and explains why my mileage is so poor.

What are your trims like? Does your long term constantly change, is this normal?

A Log of fuel trims, Manifold Pressure both graphed here: (can't upload excel file bigger than 72kb, so in my dropbox)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28441455/logged_trim.xls

Last edited by steambao; 17-05-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: added logged data graphed
steambao is offline   Reply With Quote