View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #17
thearrow

John this is a common problem as mine had exactly the same problem. The issue is a fault with the ABS module as explained to me by my sparky the problem is that as the module is located low down next to the engine they are subject to heat, and worse, a lot of vibration which causes the circut board inside to crack.

I was lucky as my sparky was able to get mine fixed for A$550.00 as new ones available from on line suppliers are over U$1000.00 so take it to a friendly auto electrician and see what he can do for you.

It is important to get it fixed because when it is ON it means the ABS is NOT working.

As regards the wheels if you look through the other threads you will see some pics of mine. What I did was imported 4 x new wheels from the USA at about A$200.00 each and got them fitted here. The reason I did this is because Fraud quoted me A$1000.00 per wheel and as I need two of them it just wasn't going to happen. Also it is hard to get anything decent in the 4 bolt configuration we have from local suppliers. I was lucky I tracked down a set of SVT (Special Vehicle Team) wheels from a supplier in the USA. I got a set of Focus wheels. SVT is Ford's USA performance division.

Let us know how you get on.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote