View Single Post
Old 14-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #4
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: ABS Module Replacement.. How to..?

Hi Kristo, I did mine last year and you don't need to touch the fluid side of the system, just unbolt the electronic side from the hydrolic side and unplug it. You'll have to unbolt your overflow bottle and move it aside then unbolt the whole ABS block from the inner guard. Then gently pull the ABS block sideways a bit to get access to the bolts holding the electronics on. It's a bit of a headache and I used a flexible screwdriver with interchangeable tips to get at all the bolts but it can be done. First time it took me about an hour to figure it out but after that I managed to do it in about 20 minutes.

Cheers
Bushbasher

PS. If your ABS is failing to read when you plug in to diagnostic unit it's a common weakness of this model ABS. Send it to Antony Pazin of Specialized Automotive Electronics in Parramatta and for $250 he'll pull it apart, fix it and mod it so it'll never fail again. It was cheaper for me to do that than buy a replacement ABS unit.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote