View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 01:58 AM   #28
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New Ford Australia President & CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Kay Hart was given the impossible task of making the new Focus work in Australia,
now she's off to position of product line manager of bus and van.

Andrew Birkic has a similar mountain to climb with new Escape,
I'm amazed at the number of people that Ford burns through.....
I will never understand Ford's attitude towards the Power-Shart.
It was a questionable concept to begin with, certainly something that she have been treated with a lot of scepticism and caution. When it was proven to not work, they should have dumped the concept then and there. Reprogrammed them all as "Clutchless Manuals", and simply stopped selling automatics whilst they rushed obsolete slushboxes back into production.
I can, to a point, comprehend the corporate mentality of defending the crap they had already sold, but what astonishes me is that they kept on flogging them.
I know the institutional mentality is bringing a replacement into production takes years, but surely there were alternatives? Revert to a previous design, or just buy your trannies from Mazda or Volvo.

And then, when they finally bring the new models to market, instead of trying to recoup lost ground, or even re-establish the reputation by filling the market, they took an attitude of "our cars are too good for you peasants" and tried to market them as a premium product.
2 users like this post: