View Single Post
Old 27-06-2021, 02:17 AM   #176
oldel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Holly bejeepers..... i thought mine was charging me a melbourne tax, $110 + GST, I don't complain because they are meticulous with detail, and they do it once and do it right. Oh, and they let me bring my own parts, which is a rarity.
$110 is fairly average, maybe even cheap as I'm used to hearing about $120+. That being said if they aren't very good - ie if they are slow, dumb and throw the parts catalogue at problems because they're useless at diagnostics because they're thick or haven't spend the money on equipment and software, know nothing about electronics, and slow or inefficient at grunt work on the driveline then anything above $100 is a rip off.
I'm happy to pay more for smart and efficient workers, but not with rewarding the f'wits, hanger-ons etc with similar market rates that get greedy or are useless and use 'parts cannons', can't do the job right, strip threads, ignore things or break things etc.
IE being a mech is hard and the good ones are worth paying more for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Also does tyres/balancing and wheel alignments though as a one stop shop for everything so I reckon thats not too bad given they're carrying lots of tyres on hand as well.
I'm not sure carrying lots of tyres is a smart move, or one worth paying extra for. Doesn't take too long to get tyres couriered anyway and I'd rather not buy maybe really old tyres in their stock anyway. Give me fresher ones delivered from the main warehouse in a couple of hours thanks.

Last edited by oldel; 27-06-2021 at 02:26 AM.
oldel is offline   Reply With Quote