View Single Post
Old 29-07-2021, 08:25 PM   #248
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Definitive AU1 to AU2/AU3 brake upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
So I am looking at getting RBS to sort out the fronts for me so I can put them on when I do the calipers. And from what I have read I can make my current rears just work with the terry calipers so I can get my car to one of these shops to make up the rears.
Yes they can work, ive put terry rear brakes on an IRS AU with factory rear lines... a 4 channel ABS car, so the rear has its own brake line running along each side of the chassis and to the caliper. (AU fairlane)

The rears if I remember right were the same deal as what i said about the front AU lines earlier, i milled some material off one corner of the block that bolts to the caliper so i could turn/orientate the block and line correctly as it comes off the caliper. Because the notch in the terry caliper around where the brake line bolt lives is a bit different to the AU.

I havent read the entire thread so I dont know what others have said or done regarding using the stock AU rear brake hoses on the terry calipers, but I took some metal off the side of the block to get them sitting how i felt was right.

I just did it with a bench grinder (removed rubber line from car first obviously) and cleaned it all up afterwards etc. before refitting. Flushed and bled the brakes well, rock hard pedal was the result and no problems. Would be even better with new SS lines of course.
lumen8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: