Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 14-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #5307
gooseneck
Banned

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Not sure if it was a one off, or a regular thing, but sounds typical to me. They don't care who they burn to try to create 'drama'.
I agree I dislike it as much as you do and have also noticed it. That selective editing has been happening in every single news article ever written for the last 20 years or so and in the 00s I used to watch a lot of satellite wildfeeds and it was night and day what the news outlets were doing to the truth. Ever since 2003 or at some point around then news credibility has gone through the floor. In america at least it was going on like that for decades before.

But sometimes you also need to take the side of the news outlets because they can also sometimes tell a truer story than whomever they are interviewing. For example you wouldn't believe Stalin soley on his word. So you do have to choose a news outlet that is easy to filter out the bias on and compensate for that bias in your head.

Every single news outlet worldwide has its own countries political bias and whomever owns the network has their own bias too. Whatever the political opinions of the owners of the network are that is reflected in the news that they project.

Trying to get the truth out of any news outlet about COVID-19 is quite easy, simple statistics especially if its a medical issue aren't typically manipulated however doing the same to the political side of things is very difficult.

I hope that helps you better in finding the real answers.

Last edited by gooseneck; 14-08-2020 at 04:54 PM.
2 users like this post: