View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 12:49 AM   #24
jinksie

Default Re: NSW mobile phone detection cameras

I second the front line in traffic and the amount of times the person in the front is still stationary long after the green light.
I also observe how few holders are in use and put it down to modern cars with entertainment systems and screens.
I think it is the most dangerous habit to be texting while driving and annoying the number of drivers who are on their phones at the lights, especially the first vehicle.
On the phone while on a call is not so bad but still a distraction even with blue tooth connection thru the vehicle, it does suck up some attention, but at least you can have your eyes on the road.
I use my phone for navigation and it is kept in a holder. More modern vehicles integrate your phone and learning your phones car mode is the solution, if you make calls while you drive.
There are plenty of road rules that are not well known online and regarding use of a phone, it has to be in a holder or in your pocket otherwise it is in use.
The Police are allowed to use their phones while driving but if they are serious about road safety they'd make it illegal for them as well as it spreads the wrong message and image that it is somehow okay to be on your phone.
jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote