Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 30-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #4720
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
I understand what you are saying but I think you are underestimating how complex running an experiment like this can be. First you have to get consent from all the staff, including temp relief workers, to participate in the trial. What if some won't take part? Some of these places have high staff turnover.
Then everyone has to be monitored for side effects. This drug has been around a long time and its side effects are well known. Compliance also has to be monitored to make sure everyone takes what they should when they should.
Then someone has to try and make sense of the data that is collected. Will we get usable information? How will you decide whether what happens is due to the trial or just happened by chance?
Absolutely it will be difficult, these are difficult times where we are all making sacrifices and having to make extra effort, mask mandate just went state wide, highest daily infection by numbers we wouldn’t have thought possible a month ago.

This isn’t the time for putting things in the too hard basket, if this could reduce infection even in a reasonable percentage.

The study I’ve linked above should be a couple of months in by now, sooner or later we will a conclusive answer, but if I had an elderly relative in a home that didn’t have health conditions precluding then from taking something that may protect them, I’d want them on it, even if only during the active outbreak in the facility.
2 users like this post: