Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 09:34 PM   #4890
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Imagine living in Melbourne when it's economy is built around art, culture and hospitality and then you have a pandemic and the government forces closed all the art, culture and hospitality businesses

Remember when we actually made things other than food and fancy coffee? Now it's a service economy servicing nothing.
Yeah that leaves you with upgrayedd the pimp... In past travels to the city in the 2000's I loved the idea that you had almost every kind of venue, pubs for bookish people even, it was and is a place where you can experience quite a variety of these things. But all this should be founded on a healhty, productive, value-adding society.

So for eg, I don't think the lockdown is such a terrible thing here just outside Melbourne, have been taking it seriously, and it's more of a case of "what can I build and create in this time?" In some ways it's a blessing, going to come out of this with some sweet tech and small scale manufacturing capability, and there'd be no way I'd have the time and focus with work ongoing, if this hadn't happened. Hope we can get the transmission levels down and get on top of it. Imagine a Victoria that has all the amazing dining and cultural attractions, but is an absolute manufacturing powerhouse because so many of us had shed time in the lockdown!