View Single Post
Old 17-09-2018, 08:01 AM   #245
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

Default Re: Will the Holden brand survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_bandit View Post
So holden is stuffed, because you bargained hard to save your "ex" $7000 on a car, and your "ex" laughed because she knows your work cars like the back of her hand. Makes sense.....
Tbh I'd agree that Holden as a company is stuffed and trading on borrowed time, the signs are there as they were 5 years ago before ford n Holden announced their closures when they stopped marking falcons and commodores as falcons and commodores and badged them as xt, omega, xr6 and ss only.
That was a blatant public sign that both company's were looking to move away from their falcon and commodore branding in the lead up to those models demise.

Only difference now is that ford is a global company name which is on cars in each country which has landed firmly on mustang and ranger in Australia while Holden is a local branch of GM who are struggling to maintain traction.
Yes the Camaro and silverado are on their way but to further take away from the Holden name they will arrive with Chevy GM branding, not the Holden lion, for the average joe buyer who's not a car nut it will further confuse them having to goto a Holden dealer to buy a Chevy,

In my time of buying cars I've never heard of anyone walking into a dealer to buy a new released new car and getting 7 grand off especially given it's a sub 30 grand car unless it included a trade in.

I have no doubts that gradually you will see more n more Holden products be removed and a slow intro of now chev products until the time arrives that chev becomes the newer stronger nameplate.
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
3 users like this post: