View Single Post
Old 08-03-2024, 02:42 PM   #20
AlanM

Default Re: Mystery fluid leak, TC 2013 Zetec Ecoboost

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinker View Post
Thanks for the advice Alan.

My local mechanic asked me to leave it with him for a day, he did a degrease first thing in the morning and then checked it at the end of the day. It had leaked oil in that time, he said it was coming from the rear of the engine and/or transmission.

It's losing quite a bit of oil. Yesterday, I parked on flat ground at work, there were some drops on the concrete at the end of the day. It's weeping like a Holden supporter the day Peter Brock retired.

I'll look into leak stop additives, was the old STP one of those?

Interesting about Ford dealers mate, they know how to charge. My local mechanic didn't want to touch it because, he said, he didn't have the equipment required.
I don't know about STP, I think it was of a lubricating additive.

I haven't really used an engine leak additive, but I did use Lucas's transmission oil treatment on a badly leaking Borg Warner marine gearbox and it stopped leaking immediately. I wasn't even able to get the whole bottle in because it just stopped leaking!

There's a YouTube channel called Project Farm where a completely independent guy tests all kinds of stuff, no doubt he'll have tested oil additives.
AlanM is offline   Reply With Quote