View Single Post
Old 27-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #185
gooseneck
Banned

Default Re: The bakery thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
I've never been tempted to try the olive oil variations. Is anyone a fan?
Olive oil spreads are an acquired taste, that is if you have downed a large 1kg bottle of black olives per fortnight in your past as part of a fad you might be interested in using olive oil spread. It adds a fruity flavor and I would consider it to be gamy, ie not pleasant unless you're into trying new things. IF you have recently chewed on a tree branch you wouldn't consider it any different from regular margarine.

In saying that if you want to try it you can't go wrong with a Coles Olive oil spread. It is quite mild in taste.

The only reason why you would use it is because of the health benefits. I personally am using Western Star Butter primarily because of my interests in buying mostly if not all 100% Australian made products and of course because of the salty goodness.

Everything in moderation though, butter will clog up your arteries and you do have to exercise every day in order to be able to consume it on a semi-regular basis.

I would never use butter as a lubricant in pan frying as its too fatty. I use a small amount of olive oil spray combined with mostly canola oil spray when I'm pan frying. Again Coles brand is good.

Using extra virgin olive oil from La Espanola cans is a very strong taste and will make you throw up if you use it as a lubricant for pan frying.

I'm currently interested in baking my own bread mainly because the boxes of gluten free bread bake mix are cheaper than the pre cooked bread.

I require a strict gluten free diet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zdzeak5dkpq11.jpg (71.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by gooseneck; 27-07-2020 at 04:08 PM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: