Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 10:19 AM   #4816
nstg8a

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
To be fair, the mess was caused by individuals not doing the right thing. The very fact guards were/are needed is a sad indictment on society.

If I come back from overseas and am told to isolate for two weeks, and instead I just do my own thing, that's on me.

Perhaps some would be happier if the premier took the Chinese approach and welded doors shut.

If it was deemed necessary to hire private guards (and I can see the reasoning even if it don’t agree with it) then it should have had proper oversight.
That proper oversight may have ensured correct procedures were followed, and staff were given sufficient training asap.

The talk of guards being hired by text message, being given one face mask for a weeks worth of shifts, not emphasised the importance of maintain the isolation, there were all critical failures.

The average security guard doesn’t know how to handle the discipline required of a viral emergency, theyre flat out handling the average shopping mall on late night shopping.

This should have been foreseen, and controlled. Not short term contracts handed out and then assumed everything was all good.
This user likes this post: