Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 08:00 PM   #5086
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
That is true. But even accounting for their massive population, their cases and death rates are nuts in the US.

They are the richest country on earth, surely have the best health resources, and never fail at telling everyone else how much better they are at anything you can think of

They should and are held to a high standard.

The UK has a far worse CMR and they even have the NHS which the US certainly doesn't. They skate under the radar quite a bit.
Actually UK has surprisingly seem to be able to control their cases. Since July they are floating between 300 - 900 per day. Not bad for a population of 66m crammed into the space of Victoria. They stuffed up bad initially though.

NHS needs a lot of work. Severely under resourced. When I went in with symptoms of appendicitis they sent me home the first day. The 2nd day I went back and they put me on a bed for 6 hours. The only positive thing was a hot nurse coming in and "prodding" me with her thumb every hour or so. The surgeon later told me my appendix nearly burst and they had to send it off for further studies.

Mind you, if you recovered from CV you owe NHS nothing. In the US, there have been reports of uninsured people owing $400k

Last edited by T3rminator; 07-08-2020 at 08:11 PM.
3 users like this post: