View Single Post
Old 13-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #1
Forest Bear

Default Get car tomorrow. Finally.

Silver Zetec auto. Ordered on July 19th. All up $31,150 painfuls. Plus insurance. :-)

Got to have a quick look at it today being prepped up. I must say it looks stunning in the flesh. I'm going to bed tonight dreaming of my favorite corners. Its even prettier than the black demo I test drove. However... As expected something was missing. :-/

The red Zetec reviewed in the mega hatch test in September issue of Wheels had a picture of the cabin and clearly showed and stated that the Zetec has metal alloy pedals. Mine doesn't have it and the dealer insists it is not a feature. I paid for it so I'm going to insist I have it.

Got the alarm upgrade for $650 (talked down from $850). Monitors openings and has glass break senor. Thats it. Absolutely absurd price but I didn't want warranty hassles should some hack stuff up the wirings. It gets intalled next Monday otherwise I can't have it this weekend. Will pop down Autobahn for some lock nuts.

Will arrange insurance transfer tomorrow but this model Zetec is not listed on AAMI's systems. They only have CL and LX LS Focus listed. The LR Zetec is listed but thats not my car. Anyone insured a LS Zetec?

Will post photos for yas.

Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote