View Single Post
Old 15-04-2006, 02:43 PM   #71
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
Well this all looks very intesting Shane.

Its a JMM vs G & D head to head comparsion isn't it!
Not really. I already know who's got this won and I'm so far past doing the comparison that I have let it go now.

Quote:
As we all know JMM's dyno is awfully optimistic but on straight dyno numbers I don't reckon it's any better. Yeah of course i agree about the auto and stallie all losing a few rwkw but i too would have liked to seen you come out with nearer 145rwkw on the dyno.
Jon I hate to be blunt but you are putting WAY too much into the dyno numbers. They are just numbers. I've been running less numbers than now and still beating cars claiming to have a lot more.

Either I have a significantly better setup, have more power than I claim, they have less then they claim or a mixture of it all these situations. Either way the peak rwkw claims mean very little to me because its a number, not an ET.

Secondly, while these new dyno numbers from my car may not seem all that high and 145rwkw would have been nice, lets put it in perspective here. Lets take 2 other similar cars in some ways. Yours and useless's will do. Useless is actually a good example as his is similar in a lot of ways. We both run hi stalls, we both have edits, we both have exhaust and intake. He also has a shorter diff ratio and is running a dev4 cam.. I am running unopened. I am also make similar if not greater power than him. In your case we have similar exhaust, both have intake, you have a unichip tune but I have a slightly shorter diff. You have no hi stall and a Dev3 HL cam.. you are about 6rwkw ahead of me.
So effectively you are asking that G&D create a situation where, to be satisfactory, they have to tune an unopened automatic, histalled VCT I6 to a point where it is producing more power then a Dev4 JMM cam? I think thats a little unrealistic. Trust me, when we open thie engine up you will see some bigger numbers but, more importantly, it wont be a dyno queen, it will still be under 180rwkw but running some major times. Remember, Hamo's AU auto "only" had 147rwkw when it hammered most other I6's with a 14.30 ET.

Finally, without driving it you can appreciate the difference. The torque it is producing now is V8 matching and totally fluid. To say "its no better" is to be too absorbed in dyno queen numbers and totally ignoring the reality. The car was doing 135rwkw without the histall. Now its doing it with the histall and punching out a massively broader torque curve. There is nothing that is the same anymore at all. You see a dyno sheet and say its no different, I drive it and say its completely different.
Quote:
Hasn't Krissy got 138rwkw too.
Yes, but without the edit. Of course with no hi stall, 3.9 diff gears, a full exhaust, G&D intake and a very large cam that is to be expected. I'd suspect it will punch out over 150rwkw and a mountain of torque by the end of the tune.

Quote:
I think her car is going to do the high 14's easy and you may still struggle in the low 15's till you "open her up". Of course thats the weight of your IRS holding you back more than the traction benefits mostly.
Krissy will do 14's in her sleep. I'll do them without too much effort at all, IRS or not. Once again using a dyno sheet to calculate ET's is a mistake. If that was the case Useless should have been well into the 14's and you should be a flat 15. Someone like Cobra's AU1 XR8 certainly shouldnt be running mid 14's and Hamo should be a 14.9 at best. Far too speculative to estimate ET on dyno sheets.

Quote:
next dragstrip run will really prove this out for sure.
Thats exactly right. The ET And MPH will tell the story. Thats what I said from the start.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.

Last edited by Casper; 15-04-2006 at 02:59 PM.