View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 11:39 PM   #299
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 
Thumbs up Re: Depression, Anxiety

Quote:
Originally Posted by olfella View Post
I think I can manage my depression but like a few on here now, it is the explosive reactions I have. I can control them to some extent by recognising the symptoms and removing myself from situations. Where I cannot do this is when all hell breaks out and it can go as fast as it arrives. I have no answers and nor does some of the professionals I have visited.
When I was going through puberty and into my mid 20's I had a very explosive temper, I mean very violent and would "snap" easily without warning. I was either calm as a church mouse or full on tilt, had no control whatsoever.

I'd "black out" and not remember a thing of what I had done while in a fit of rage. 9 times out of 10 I regretted my actions.

I'd think about my actions with much regret for what I had done. Guilt for what I did is/was a major contributing factor that I had to get my head around this temper.

It took a while to teach myself to calm down and walk away from the problem. Make a decision when you're rational. I've never regretted a decision I've made that way.

Takes some practice to take a few breaths and walk lads - totally worth it.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: