View Single Post
Old 05-08-2020, 11:12 PM   #96
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Default Re: Buying a Used car - Payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
I can show my account on phone, the balance, and direct debit any negotiated amount instantly.

No bank clearance required at lever I'm buying at.

I fail to see how carrying money is any more influential yet way more risky to turn up, have money stolen and so on.
Showing me your bank balance on your phone means absolutely nothing. What you are showing me can be a simple (photoshopped) screen shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryT View Post
People on here are fantastic.

But still accepting or paying cash plain idiotic to me.

Been eye-opening how far behind people are in basic transactions so no wonder Bank people find it so frustrating!!!

I doubt less that 1% of people turn to Harvey Norman with 15K cash in a bag to buy their next stove and range hood.

Oh but no, "Cash is King".....LOL

Your comparison is a little 'apples and oranges'.

If someone goes to Harvey Norman they know who they are dealing with and therefore can pretty much trust. While Harvey Norman don't know the person and therefore don't trust them they can either absorb the loss if the person defrauds them or have many legal avenues to chase them up.

If someone buys, or sells, something on Gumtree etc neither party knows each other, therefore people tend to fall back on a system that they know and trust, that system being cash.

Generally, if you are defrauded, you don't get your money back. While frauds as a percentage are reasonably low with Gumtree etc transactions they do exist. Personally, I don't want to be a statistic.

Last edited by PG2; 05-08-2020 at 11:31 PM. Reason: fixing a couple of spelling mistakes
10 users like this post: