View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 11:56 PM   #28
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
What really ****s me about this practice is multifold:
1) They treat every job as an opportunity to screw you. You can't get a simple necessity like brake-pad done, without them claiming that you need new calipers, rotors, and a "flush".
2) They're happy to screw you over with $500 of parts you don't need, just for their markup and profit on fitting. I wouldn't mind if they just charged a bit more for the basic job, they need to pay wages and overheads.
3) They're not actually interested in doing anything outside their standard list of rip-offs. My daughter needed the brakes doing on her AU. Of course they tell her that she needs new calipers and rotors. I said **** that we'll do it ourselves. Only had to touch the back wheel to figure that the problem, and what had ****ed the brakes, was the bearing was completely shot. SO they would have charged her for new rotors and calipers, and it would have been ****ed again inside a week.
4) All this forces me to do **** like this myself. I like DIY, I love building stuff, and doing interesting repairs. Doing brakes, without a hoist, I am well and truly over.
They do all this to the blokes, but then it's usually even worse as a woman walking in alone. They assume you know absolutely nothing AND talk down to you.

Luckily as the daughter of a mechanic, I can do a lot of things myself, but also, I know a fair few people in the industry who won't try to screw me over.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: