View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 06:24 PM   #12
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Psychos in the Auto-Repair Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAZSXY View Post
I sold my EB 12yrs ago with a RWC here in Melbourne. Guy called me the next day saying he had been to Pedders and there was $2000 worth of bushes (practically all bushes) to be replaced. I promptly spoke to the mechanic who RWC'd the car and the EB was brought back and put on the hoist. Only ONE thing that was wrong was an engine mount he missed. All the other bushes front to back were like new. Ive steered clear of Pedders shops ever since.
Those cheap / free inspections are to suck in vulnerable people who have little understanding of cars and assume every workshop is out to do their best for their customer.

Tyres places are the same, brakes, etc.

A big name car company did the same to my sister. She took her car in for a routine service and was called to advise that her brakes were totally shot and unroadworthy... She was put on the spot and agreed to change them.

Only problem was - they were recently changed by me. No way they were due. After a few phone calls and requests for the worn pads to be produced the whole service fee was refunded...

Ohhhh what a feeling!

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: