Old 29-05-2020, 05:51 PM   #3349
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Send one infected child to a school with a thousand other kids
Send one infected adult to a school with a thousand other kids

send both groups home to their grand parents or parents over 50.

interesting clinical trial....
That is technically the opposite of what you said previously. I'm being pedantic here but what you TYPED was that children are more prone than adults to transmit the virus. What you have written above is that anyone put in a superspreader environment with an infected individual is equally likely to spread the virus.

The interesting thing is from what data I've seen it appears not to be so. There are jurisdictions all over the world where children have remained in school and other social environments and significant proportions of the outbreaks in that jurisdiction have not traced back to the institution.

1. I am prepared to be educated if you have data I've missed.

2. I do not understand the mechanism for this. It doesn't make sense, but it's not the only thing that doesn't make sense to me about infection rates. More research required.

A quick english lesson. I'm not normally a grammar nazi because lets face it I make mistakes, but since this seems to elude several of you:

Contagion: Noun. It is the name in this case of the virus or it's mechanism of spreading. It is a contagion.

Contagious: Adjective. Describes the state of the noun. The virus is contagious. The contagion is contagious (terrible sentence).

Contagiousness: Also a noun but this time does not refer to the contagion but rather it's state. It's contagiousness is high. It is highly contagious. High contagious is incorrect as is highly contagiousness. It's contagion is high is also incorrect. Although both are nouns the only way contagion and high can work is if the contagion is physically high, as in up in the air, not stoned.

5pm. Medicinal. Tonight I have to choose between Jack and an alcoholic ginger beer. Hmm. I am capable of making the tough choices...I got this...
5 users like this post: