View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
Rodge
Banned

Default Chrysler 300 SRT8 production to finish up

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...101/305060062/

Just my luck, I buy a 300 SRT8 to escape owning a pending orphan brand, (FPV) and jump out of the frying pan into the fire...or did I ?

After a few minutes of sadness I got too thinking... I actually think this could be good for the future value of second hand Chrysler 300 SRT8's because they are no more but there is no question about parts supply because Chrysler 300's are continuing and so are the go fast bits under SRT as a brand being folded into Dodge. Effectivly supply of cars has been cut off permanently, (which must be good for the demand / supply side of things as scarcity increases), but unlike FPV there's absolutly no question about the long term supply of parts so I think that's actually a win

The other thing is than a ZF 8 speed had been widely anticipated to be fitted to the 2015 model 300 SRT8 which would have seriouslu undermined the value of existing 5 speed auto versions like mine, (I factored this into the price when I negotiated really hard on mine) so with this no longer happenning this undermining process can't happen.

Anyway regardless of the future value of Chrysler 300 SRT8's and how that plays out this is a heads up that if you have been thinking about getting one this is your last chance. There's plenty of good demonstrator stock out there at very good prices and its an exceptionally well specified bit of kit.

Yes I know the Dodge Challanger SRT8 is probably coming but the styling of that is not everyone's cup of tea and if you like the unique belnd of luxury, performance and technology that is Chrysler 300 SRT8 I wouldn't dither for too long, I reckon the best examples will get hoovered up pretty quick.

Rodge is offline   Reply With Quote