View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 02:44 PM   #245
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Towing a Caravan - Mechanical strain etc

I wouldnt feel comfortable towing a car on a trailer at freeway speeds. Even towing my boat that is strapped down to the trailer so doesnt move as in doesnt have suspension to bounce around on top of the trailer i still take it easy and dont give a crap how many people want to overtake me. A lot of the people getting unstuck in these videos are mashing it to overtake and not paying attention to the trailer behind them and frankly not driving responsibly. Ive only had my boat sway on me a couple times but i saw it start to dance before it started to tell the car what to do, i dunno the proper technique, but i just bang the car into neutral and coasted out of it. My logic being with an unstable trailer, braking the car even though the trailer has brakes, the trailer tyres arent going to have even traction and it will still want to overtake the car. Accelerating out of it, my logic is that that can potentially amplify the frequency of the trailer dancing and then tell the rear end of the car what to do. So my logic of coasting in neutral, granted the trailer wasnt that bad the few times i caught it, was let the car and trailer slow at an even rate. Towing in general i dont give a crap about the car behind me. They can just deal with it and overtake if they want to. Same with taking off from the lights. No need to put greater strain on the car.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: