View Single Post
Old 15-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #8
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Lukey - your car is a special case, as it has bags of torque, is lowered and is a manual. I'll start with the ride height.

When a car launches, it tries to twist the diff out of the car. The revs at which you launch will denote the rate of twist. having low stiff suspension will try to reverse the energy back, with the engine fighting back every step of the way, which brings on the tramp.

Raising the suspension and softening it a little will help out a mile - after doing a few meetings i would suggest re-doing your suspension to a more conservative approach height wise, and watch your 60 drop.

Achieving this will then see a need for a better tyre/clutch combo. Your tyre and clutch go hand in hand when searching for a launch. Too good in tyre choice with a stock clutch will see the clutch slip, whilst with a gun clutch and ordinary tyre will see plenty of smoke.

You need to make some choices regarding appearance (ride height) application of vehicle and driveability (clutch). I can loan you some tyres, but i would look at the first two issues first and foremost.

Chris
Cheers Chris. I am more then prepared to adjust the car to get the most out of it (and i don't care what my brother says out:
).
With the ride height i was thinking about getting it raised around 1/4" to 1/2" and soften up the suspension. There is also another issue that people can;t see and that is the tailshaft. It is dangerouslly close to the body for drag racing, sot heres another reason to get the butt of the car up. A tailshaft loop is also being looked at in reagrds to that.
Clutch and tyres are also being looked at, however due to some finacial situations/and moving interstate I have just had to sell a set of M/T Street Radials. An upgraded clutch (Xtreme Clutch Pack) is also on the cards.

However it's all time and money. I'm just gonna take my time and make sure it's done properly. On saturday i'll chuck you the keys and you can show me a thing or two if you don't mind.
Once again, thanks for the advice mate!

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote