View Single Post
Old 17-01-2024, 07:13 PM   #5524
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
You clearly do not have a long driveway....
It used to annoy me when you'd get an aus post notification saying there was no one home when i was. The slip would be in the letterbox, but that was 55m down the driveway of my old house. The slip would always say go to the post office after 4pm the next day so I'd always rock up at 4:30 the next day, wait in line as an old person would be paying their electricity bill in 5c coins, and the package would never be there. It wasnt just aus post, couriers would pull the same trick too. Just, they'd suppliment it with a pic of the letterbox, not the house as its to hard to walk up a driveway.
Yeah, there are downsides to having stuff delivered. For me, the above does happen, usually from a certain nationality who always seem to be running late so look to economize where possible. I would say that one in 20 or 25 deliveries ends up with me lining up at the post office. Good enough odds for me not bother shopping in stores.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote