Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2023, 03:34 PM   #2640
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Mowing ..

Indeed, the spark arrestor was solidly caked with carbon. Presently got the whole muffler in chemicals to try and remove much as possible.

Hoping there is no further issue, but I notice the primer bulb never gets a really “firm” feel to it so there could be supply side investigations later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
That's an easy one, remove the spark arrestor from the muffler outlet, it will be blocked solid with carbon. You can use a wire brush, but its easier to burn it off with a flame of some sort. Reinstall and it should start and rev like new. Because this happens gradually, it sort of loses performance very slowly over time, so might not notice the problem until it won't rev or start properly. If the user isn't running the machine at full tilt, then it tends to increase the likely hood of the carbon not burning off fully.

Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote