Thread: Mowing ..
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2023, 01:35 AM   #2638
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mowing ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Got an update on my broken stihl hedgers today, was told they ordered and installed the "electric module", but no dice, so have now ordered motors. Its been 7 weeks since the first one broke. I took great pride in telling him that i dont care what he does with them, im into huski now and wont go backwards
Now a report since they have had some solid use, both using the same Bli300 9AH battery.
520iHT4 telescopic-
This unit seems to NOT use as much battery as the hand held.
Super sharp and fine cut.
Metal gear box gets hot with use.

520iHD60 hand held
Goes through the battery bars quicker than the telescopic.
Cuts very fast to a high standard, even the fine stuff. I have to be careful not to gouge tight hedges where the stihl would just ride over.
I might be imagining it, but the gearbox on this must be filled with lanolin grease, it smells sheepy when it gets hot.

I have a job which is tight jap box/lilly pilly and abelia hedges, took me a solid 3.5 hrs on both machines and used 3 of the 4 bars, when the stihl gear takes 5 hrs. As long as i can keep the billable hours up, it will be great.
Had another 40 meter cypress hedge, and the cut was first class, so highly recommend these units to anyone, i am now looking at huski blowers and whippers that i might add to the collection.
A 2 year update on these commercial huski battery hedgers, these have been used daily for that time, absolutely thrashed, and used to keep some gardens up to a very high standard.
I have not had any degradation on the life of the BLI300 battery, the battery case is starting to get loose from being bumped and dropped, but works as intended.
Each unit has had at least one warranty repair of an electronic “module” turned around quickly by the selling dealer.
The handheld has just received a new blade set worth $250 as i had worn the old one out.
The pole unit is in currently getting the switch button replaced.
I am now completely sold on battery being appropriate for commercial use. The BLI range of batteries are unobtainium as councils have standing orders for dozens at a time for their crews to use.
All I can say, is if you are looking, as with petrol/2stroke units, make sure you are looking at commercial rated units.
My next battery powered purchase will likely be a blower.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz