View Single Post
Old 23-06-2023, 07:22 PM   #5063
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Winter can be so lovely and very invigorating.
Was up on the roof today re-orientating a couple of solar panels to suit a new battery bank. Every time I climbed up the ladder it would stop raining, minute I would climb down it would pour.
After several ups and downs dodging the rain on a job which should normally take an hour, ended up consuming half the bloody day.
For sure!

There is a certain smell to winter, the crispness of the air on a frosty morning or as the sun starts to go down and the night chill sets in is especially pleasing.

I get super nostalgic about the smell of a wood burning heater, which wafts through the air in country, reminding me of my childhood collecting firewood on a Saturday with my dad for the pot belly stove in the garage. I learnt how to drive firewood hunting, driving an old Mitsubishi Triton single cab chassis with NO power steering and NO assisted clutch, or an EB Falcon Gli wagon, which would go sideways very easily on a gravel road.

Or going to the footy on a Saturday afternoon with my sister and our friend.............after 1/2 time so my dad didn't have to pay for us to enter the ground. I despise football, then and now, but it was all about the company. Our friend's father had a gold 1985 Fairlane with the most schizophrenic alarm system fitted. The trick was for two of use to hide in the boot, then when someone was walking past, the person in the front seat would hit the boot release and panic alarm and then we would leap out of the boot and frighten the crap out of the person walking by. None of this happened in the summer, always in winter at the footy.

So yes, winter has its perks.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: