View Single Post
Old 23-06-2023, 03:22 PM   #5060
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

My mum's friend, in her early to mid seventies, had a bit of a fall a couple of weeks ago whilst doing her gardening. She stopped her fall, but hurt her wrist in the process.

A couple of days later, and the wrist was still sore. Couldn't get in to see a doctor so asked her chiropractor if he could authorise an x-ray., which he could, and did.

X-ray gets done, and the radiologist advises that there is a very small fracture in her wrist. She takes it to the chiro who looks at the x-rays and he determines, by the fact that the same mark appears to be in the same location on the x-ray media in several images, that it is not a fracture and is just some sort of foreign body on the imaging.

I was out for dinner with this lady and said that I'd take the word of the radiologist over the chiro, as that is their field of expertise and not the field of expertise of the chiro. She gets upset with me and tells me that she disagrees and that she trusts the chiro more than the radiologist!

I couldn't believe it. I mean, seriously! You've got a person whose training is to take medical images and how to interpret them, and then you've got a person who is trained in how to manipulate skeletal structures. C'mon.

And this is the same guy who decided to manipulate my mum after she had a fall from a ladder on to her back, before she'd had an x-ray. It turned out my mum had actually done damage to her spine and his actions had the potential to seriously harm my mum! And yet, they still believe in him! His actions were incompetent, if not negligent.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: