View Single Post
Old 23-06-2023, 08:58 AM   #5056
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
A regular pet hate for anyone in garden maintenance, found another stash/dung-heap of dead foliage the owner had pulled/broken off various shrubs and “hidden” in the garden. Fibrous stuff like cordyline leaves, so it doesn’t break down quickly either.

I don’t understand why they don’t either put in the green bin themselves, or leave it where it’s obvious to aid in cleaning up, or just leave it the heck alone and ask me (or someone else!) to deal with it.
Laziness is the usual issue. I'm trying to educate my brother on the most efficient way of pruning & packing the cut material into the green waste bin.
He lops stuff off, piles it up on a heap & then comes back to it a week or two later & tries to thrust the now dead & stiff/dried up material into the garden bin - usually resulting in only a few branches being able to be inserted.
I drag the bin to where I'm pruning & cut the green material into 12-18 inch lengths which can be easily inserted in to the waste bin straight away & which lie reasonably flat & therefore allow a lot more material to be loaded in - especially if you clamber on top & jump on it to compact the load.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: