View Single Post
Old 06-06-2023, 10:43 AM   #5
Hulsty

Default Re: Harder to get custom exhaust work done

I had a similar situation maybe 2 years back, asked around a couple of locals, either not interested or I wouldn't trust them to do the work to an acceptable standard. Spoke with the Valiant workshop and they suggested Yarra Valley Exhaust. I've got a Hemi 6, with a 6 into 2 system with mufflers just before the rear diff, under the passenger seat the exhaust dropped way low and always scrapped.

Went into Yarra Valley Exhaust, old bloke behind the counter, explained what I wanted (lift the exhaust ~2inches), $150. Dropped it off overnight, picked it up and he showed me what he'd done, cut the exhaust off at the secondary's, bolt together flanges, nice tight system under the floor and replaced pipes all the way to the mufflers, painted block, great job. Went to pay, pulled out some notes "paying cash, make it $120", couldnt be happier.

Regarding welders, I work for a large fabrication company, getting welders is tough, even getting unskilled people to train is tough, we ended up moving to Australia welders from our Thailand sites, just couldnt get people. Last I head was 16 or so people we had bought over.
Hulsty is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: