View Single Post
Old 27-04-2023, 03:50 PM   #48
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Default Re: Trends and Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Thanks for your reply, b0son. I also appreciate the insight you offer.

I don't know enough to be able to accept or reject what you're saying. I'm simply going off what other experts in the field have said. The only thing I can say is that I don't think I'm trying to say it's 'normal'. I'm saying it can happen and at a frequency. See more on that frequency discussion below.

Yep, you're right. My bad. But I think you knew the message I was trying to
convey. Pointing out my errors in wording doesn't, or shouldn't, change that message.

So, far my qualified in this area than I am. And I respect your experience.

What's the source for this? It appears to emanate from a paper by family physician and psychologist Dr Leonard Sax.

This page from the Intersex Human Rights Australia website discusses that and expresses some concern about that view.

This is taken from the Intersex Society of America, and seems pretty balanced to me. But perhaps that's my own bias showing up.

I guess, a bit like this discussion, there's different points of view about what the numbers actually are. Needless to say, no matter what the number, intersex people (no matter how you define them) exist in our society.

Anyway, I'm not going to continue to clog up the thread any more. I think people know my point of view and continuing to discuss it is probably not going to add any more significant value.

But I do sincerely appreciate your insights, b0son. Thanks for the mature and respectful discussion.
In bold is part on my problem with those who quote as such and yet confirm they have no knowledge - so therefore why quote "simply going off what other experts in the field have said" for eg....
Is he credible ? how do you know but having done a search, he might have many in their industry that oppose him and think he or she is a crack pot so to speak.

Just saying Foxy.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote