Thread: FPV Open Days
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 05:10 PM   #25
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: FPV Open Days

2011 Continued........................

Fun Fact - FPV (and later, Ford) did not have a separate bumper for the GS cars which were XR based. They simply cut the black bumper on this jig and then installed a plastic trim insert to finish them off.

Now, I mentioned the sombre mood of the day, that really hit home when I went over the road to the Broadmeadows factory for some photography.

Cars parked on grass for as far as your eye can see. This was clearly not going to be sustainable, and this was just the tip of the iceberg, the huge parking/holding bay out back was the same, brand-new cars without a place to be. Most of these cars would have ended up being dumped into rental fleets.

From that moment on, I knew it was only a matter of time before the Detroit said enough! To be frank, I think at the time, the decision had already been made, it just took another two years before the public would find out.

I was nice to see despite the challanges, Ford were still proud of what they were making...............

Of course, I captured a few of the XR6 in front of head office................

Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten

Last edited by DFB FGXR6; 05-02-2023 at 05:27 PM.
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
13 users like this post: