View Single Post
Old 20-10-2022, 08:17 PM   #715
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

A couple of pics from my garden over recent days.

This Magnolia 'White Caviar' has done exceptionally well, growing much faster than expected and is in flower right now. I have not done any formative tip pruning to encourage this bushy growth, save for when it was planted.

Next is one of the new breeds of Indian Hawthorns, Rhaphiolepis 'Snow Maiden'. These flower briefly in spring and seem to very good at self-shaping. Snow Maiden have become a very popular line over the last couple of years due to their compact size, dark green foliage and low maintenance habit.

Lastly, while this isn't mine, this Yellow Broom is flowering it's head off while hanging over my fence. I have a love-hate relationship with Cytisus racemosus, they look absolutely stunning when in flower and sell quickly when they are doing so. However, they are quick growing and easily outgrow their pot in the nursery if not sold when flowering. We then have to cut them aggressively and re-grow them or pot them up. Both actions reducing the profit per plant.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: