View Single Post
Old 20-07-2022, 08:16 PM   #638
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: DFB's Greenthumb Project

It was a -3 start this morning, thankfully I had an indoors job till 10am doing plant hire. The concept of "Plant Hire" is where we rent indoor plants to businesses for their office or public spaces. The service fee includes us visiting on a weekly basis to maintain, water and feed them. When a plant is looking tired, we swap it out. I share the duties with a collogue, these Sansevieria or Mother In-law's Tongue are some of my babies -

When I did get outside, I got indulge in some rose pruning, and as you can see, I have quite a few to do.

The goal here is to maintain the plants at a compact size so that they look proportionate in their pots. As such, I prune them very hard, removing aged timber and reshaping them after their season's growth. At the same time, I top each pot with potting mix and apply pre-emergent weed killer to reduce maintenance. Still about a day's worth of work to go.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: