View Single Post
Old 03-03-2022, 12:21 PM   #1
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Astron Petrol stations

We have (had) three United petrol stations in our town. Whilst I was on holidays for a week, two of those were rebranded to Astron.

Not having seen this brand around before, I googled Astron and found that United Petroleum trademarked that name in September 2020.

The United Petroleum website 'About Us' page provides a little bit of background on their beginnings, which started from the Astron brand:

Quote:
Our directors began their journey in the petroleum industry in 1981, operating a group of service stations under the Astron banner.
Astron was closely associated with Esso (an Exxon Company) and by 1990 the company had constructed 23 new sites operating under the Esso brand throughout Victoria.
The giveaway at the Astron sites that they are associated with United was that they advertise that they accept the United Fuel Card.

But, I haven't been able to find anything about this renewed push of the Astron brand.

Anyone have any background they can offer?

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote